Single-use endoscopy: Building on a proven concept
Ten years ago, Ambu launched the world’s first single-use flexible endoscope: The Ambu® aScope™. The aScope is now used at more than 3,000 hospitals across the globe proving its worth in both pulmonary and ENT endoscopy.
Ambu will bring the advantages of sterile-single-use endoscopes to all areas of gastroenterology in the form of: duodenoscopes, colonoscopes and gastroscopes.
Health economy issues in endoscopy
When it comes to endoscopy, hospitals are facing increased pressure from several directions:
• Stricter cleaning and reprocessing guidelines
• Guidelines have been expanded with 100+ steps in recent years
• Costs are increasing
• More complex and resource-demanding compliance
• Significant cost burden of capital investment
• Purchasing reusable gastroenterology scopes
• Acquiring associated equipment, such as video processors
• Expensive repair costs
• Scopes break and must be fixed or replaced
• Defects occur that preclude proper reprocessing
(for example, scratches in the working channel)